Hello Cavalier Upper School Families,
I hope all is well and that you are having a wonderful summer. I wanted to provide some information regarding our 2023-24 athletic program.
First, below is a link for your student to select their after-school activities for the 2023-24 school year. Your responses are very important, as it allows us to prepare better, schedule, and hire staff for the necessary after-school activities. Click here to select your student’s choices.
Second, we will kick off the athletic year with a “Welcome Back BBQ” Monday, August 21 at 4 p.m. This event is open to ALL Upper School students interested in playing a sport for ANY season and their families. Families can meet the coaches of various sports and our athletic department staff. Please RSVP to Mrs. Denise Smith in the Athletic Office by July 28. Mrs. Smith can be reached via email at Dsmith@harveyschool.org or via phone at (914) 232-3161 ext. 121.
We will also be holding pre-season training sessions for ALL Upper School cross country, football, volleyball, and soccer athletes, regardless of what level students believe they will participate at. The pre-season is beneficial for all who attend. Students must have an up-to-date physical exam form on file to participate in pre-season training. If your child travels via train, please let us know ASAP, as we coordinate transportation to and from the train station.
Below is the pre-season schedule:
- Tuesday, August 22: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 23: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 24: Girls Soccer Practice 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. / All other team practices - 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 25: Boys Soccer Practice 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. / All other team practices 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 26: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 27: NO PRACTICE
- Monday, August 28: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 29: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 30: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 31: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
*We will have an outside company working with the boys and girls soccer programs for a few days during the pre-season. This is the reason for the times change on August 24 and 25.
All practices will resume Wednesday, Sept. 6 (the first day of school) after school. If you have any questions, please contact the Athletic Office. We look forward to a great year!
Director of Athletics