Re-engage In Summer Enrichment
The Harvey RISE program is a summer in-person instructional experience designed to reintroduce students to classroom learning while building confidence and strengthening skills in a nurturing, engaging, and positive environment.
Help Your Student RISE to the Top!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, many schools switched to fully remote learning or a hybrid model. In many cases, this type of instruction created learning gaps and skills usually fostered in the classroom were left undeveloped. Artistic opportunities, athletic competitions, and social interactions were limited, if not altogether absent.
This summer, The Harvey RISE Academic Program will help your child:
- Re-emerge as a social classroom learner
- Dive deep in English, history, science, and math curriculum
- Develop writing, computation, analysis, critical thinking, close reading, speaking, and listening skills
- Become a Rising Scholar enriched by classes in art, music, athletics, drama, dance, robotics, creative writing, and more.
Harvey RISE is:
- Open to students entering grades 5-9.
- One week sessions beginning June 28, 2021 and running through the week of August 2, 2021, offering academics in the morning from 9 a.m. to 12 noon, followed by a one-hour lunch, and afternoon enrichment from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Cost: $650 per week
"When there's a gap in reading or math at a young age, that tends to shape kids' learning experiences their entire lives."
--University of CA Irvine Professor of Education
Get Ahead This Summer
Students will choose three of the following options:
- Writers Workshop
- Critical Reading
- Foundations in Math
- Spanish - language & culture
- 21st Century American History
- Global Skill Building
Students choose from a wide array of enrichment activities. Here are some of the choices:
- Art studio
- Athletic skills
- Culinary Arts
- Creative Writing
- Performing Arts - Dance, Acting
- Music lessons
- Television Production & Media
- Work Study
We will match teacher with student interests.