Host an International Student
Did you know...
The Harvey School has 16 international students enrolled for the 2021-22 school year. Our international program began in 2013 and has become an integral part of our school, expanding the Harvey community to include students from countries such as China, Taiwan, South Korea, Spain, and Germany. Over the past seven years, we have watched lifelong friendships form, with host families visiting their host students' countries, homes, and families well after their student has graduated from Harvey.
The Harvey School is deeply committed to its mission of global citizenship and our international student program plays a significant role in that mission. Our international students experience boarding school life with the bonus of living with American host families on the weekends. It is truly the best of both worlds for our international students, but it is also a mutually beneficial exchange of cultures for our host families as well.
Enjoy a global experience in your own home.
Quick Facts about Hosting:
- All our students speak English at a high school level.
- Students live on campus during the week and are only with host families on weekends and short holidays. Students are not with host families during Harvey's winter and spring breaks.
- Hosting is for 33 weekends starting September 10, 2021 and ending June 5, 2022.
- Compensation is provided to cover costs incurred when hosting.
- Families are provided with 24/7 support during integration and in case of emergencies, bilingual conflict guidance and mediation, and training on protocols and cultural sensitivity.
- Safety and well being protocols are in place to protect both host families and our international students.