Profiles U.S. colleges that place a high value on enrolling and supporting first generation college students. Each college profile page highlights basic facts about that college and provides information about fly-in programs, student life, and financial aid and/or scholarships.
A database of LGBTQ-friendly colleges that assesses how inclusive and safe they are for students. This website includes real reviews from students, staff, and faculty.
standardized test information
Harvey's CEEB Code: 332-644
* New as of January 2022 - Digital SAT Brings Student-Friendly Changes to Test Experience
- FairTest - The National Center for Fair and Open Testing, learn which colleges are test-optional
Need-based financial aid
- Colleges that meet 100% of Financial Need (PrepScholar Blog)
- Financial Aid in 7 Easy Steps (NACAC)
- Finaid.org - The Go-To Guide for College Financial Aid
- Federal Student Aid Estimator
- 2022-23 Colleges and Universities Using the CSS Profile and/or IDOC
For non-U.S. citizens, financial aid policies vary widely by college. Consult the college's financial aid website and your college counselor for more information about what funding may be available, and what is required to apply for need-based aid.
Financial Aid Tips for International Students (The College Essay Guy podcast)
International Students (International Student Financial Aid Advice from Hunter College)
Financial Aid for International Noncitizens (BigJ Educational Consulting)
How to Apply to College as an International Student (College Transitions blog)
- Fast Web
- Going Merry
- 50 College Scholarships You Can Apply for Now
- Class of 2026 Merit Scholarship Deadlines (College Kickstart)
NY State Scholarships
THE COLLEGE ESSAY
Note that the prompts may change year-to-year, so it is advised that you review the prompts for your application cycle after August 1st of that year.