Harvey COVID-19 Information
We consider school to be an essential service and have developed an educational plan that prioritizes on-campus instruction while allowing for hybrid and remote options to support the safety and well-being of our community.
The Harvey School Reopening Plan is guided by the following core principles:
Schooling as an Essential Service
Flexibility and Compassion
Health and Well-being
Equity and Inclusion
- Will students and staff need to be screened in order to come to campus?
- Will students need to be tested for COVID-19 before school starts?
- Will there be a voluntary self-quarantine before school starts?
- Will students and staff be required to wear masks during the school day?
- Do students need to wear masks even when they are socially distanced?
- Will there be a COVID-19 compliance statement to sign?
- What will the Middle School academic program look like?
- What will the Upper School academic program look like?
- What will students do during free periods?
- Will there be cameras in every classroom?
- Will each class be recorded?
- Are classes going to be held outside?
- How will meals work?
- Will there be an after-school program this fall?
- When will the dorms open?
- Are there any travel restrictions on students and families?
- Does a negative COVID-19 eliminate the need for a required quarantine?
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Whom should I contact if I have any COVID-19-related questions?
- Labs with Excess Capacity for COVID-19 Testing
- CDC COVID-19 Testing Overview
- Westchester Department of Health Coronavirus Information
- New York State Education Department Coronavirus Information
- New York State Coronavirus Information
- New York State Department of Health
- CDC Coronavirus Information
- Connecticut COVID-19 Information
- New York State Testing Site Locator
- Connecticut State Testing Site Locator
- New York State Travel Advisory
- Connecticut State Travel Advisory
- World Health Organization COVID-19 Advice
- American Academy of Pediatrics: COVID-19 Testing Guidance