Harvey COVID-19 Information
We consider school to be an essential service and have developed an educational plan that prioritizes on-campus instruction while supporting the safety and well-being of our community.
The Harvey School Health and Safety Plan is guided by the following core principles:
Schooling as an Essential Service.
We believe that schools provide an essential service and that it is our responsibility to make on-campus schooling available to our students to the greatest extent possible as permitted by law and the safety of our students and faculty.
Flexibility and Compassion.
We understand that in a community as diverse as Harvey our students, families, and staff come to us with a range of experiences and perspectives with respect to the ongoing challenges presented by COVID-19. As always we will be guided by what we believe is best for our community while also working to support each member of our community to the extent possible.
Health and Well-being.
Protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of our community is our fundamental priority. To that end, we continue to follow a layered approach to health and safety to protect our students, staff, and families. While this Health and Safety Plan has been carefully designed to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 at The Harvey School, such risk cannot be eliminated. There can be no assurance that COVID-19 exposure or infection will not occur in connection with in-person, on-campus instruction at The Harvey School.
Equity and Inclusion.
We are committed to maintaining an equitable and inclusive environment that provides access and support for every member of the Harvey community. Our goal is for all students, faculty and staff, alumni, and school families feel welcome and valued at Harvey. The principles of honesty, respect, responsibility, and kindness that anchor Harvey’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion also characterize our approach to operating in these unprecedented times.
Our Health and Safety Plan will require additional, and at times frustrating, rules and requirements. Our success in reopening will depend on the commitment of the entire Harvey community to come together and partner with us to support the measures put in place. To that end, all members of The Harvey School community will be expected to accept and abide by the school’s protocols and expectations in order to keep our staff and students safe.
- On-campus instruction
- Will students and staff need to be screened in order to come to campus?
- Will students need to be vaccinated for COVID-19 before school starts?
- Will students and staff be required to wear masks during the school day?
- Do students need to social distance at school?
- Will there be athletics this fall?
- Will there be an after-school arts program this fall?
- When will the dorms open?
- Whom should I contact if I have any COVID-19-related questions?
Will students and staff need to be screened in order to come to campus?
Will students need to be vaccinated for COVID-19 before school starts?
Will students and staff be required to wear masks during the school day?
Do students need to social distance at school?
Will there be athletics this fall?
Will there be an after-school arts program this fall?
When will the dorms open?
Whom should I contact if I have any COVID-19-related questions?
Click image to view Health and Safety Plan 2021-22
- Westchester Department of Health Coronavirus Information
- New York State Education Department Coronavirus Information
- New York State Coronavirus Information
- New York State Department of Health
- CDC Coronavirus Information
- Connecticut COVID-19 Information
- New York State Testing Site Locator
- Connecticut State Testing Site Locator