Careers at Harvey
The Harvey School is home to a community of educators and learners dedicated to developing self-confidence in each student and encouraging the leadership qualities each student needs to succeed in a diverse, competitive, and changing world. The program is built around close relationships between faculty and students and small classes.
We are a day and boarding school comprised of 360 students in grades 6 through 12 with 100 faculty and staff members. The five-day boarding program accommodates 40 students in grades 9 through 12.
As a community we value not only the learning that takes place in our classrooms but also in the dormitories, on the fields and stages and anywhere faculty and staff connect with our students. Each of us embraces the importance of lifelong learning, and we support one another in developing individual talents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Harvey School provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. Harvey does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender (including an employee's gender identity, appearance or behavior, even if different from that traditionally associated with the employee's sex at birth), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local law.
Harvey is committed to recruiting, retaining, and supporting an exceptional faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of the student body and are dynamic educators deeply committed to the entire student experience.
Current positions open:
- Summer Program Teacher Job Description - posted 11-12-19
- School Nurse Job Description (Maternity Leave, Starting in February 2020) - posted 11-12-19
The Harvey School Athletic Department is looking for qualified coaches for the 2019-2020 Winter Season. Coaches will be responsible for planning, organizing, and delivering a developmentally appropriate program, including a range of drills and activities, for individuals and teams as a head or assistant coach.
The 2019-2020 Winter Coaching Season runs from November 4th through February 28th.
Winter Sports Openings:
- Boys Varsity Basketball - Assistant Coach
- Boys JV Basketball – Head and Assistant Coach
- Girls Varsity Basketball – Head and Assistant Coach
- Girls JV Basketball – Head and Assistant Coach
Qualified applicants should possess the following:
- Experience working with middle/high school-aged children
- Positive, student-centered approach to coaching
- Specific sport-based knowledge
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues and participate in professional development
- Experience with leadership development a plus
- Patience, flexibility, and sense of humor
Please send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line.