Group and Private Lessons
Evarts Ice Rink has been operating a group ice skating lesson program for more than 30 years. The Basic Skills Program for SPS 1 through Freeskate 4 is sanctioned by the United States Figure Skating (USFS).
Classes are taught by qualified and nationally certified skating professionals. Lessons are run for eight weeks. Formal instruction will be 30 minutes. Ample practice time will be provided before or after the lesson.
Skaters who have progressed to the next level will receive USFS badges on the eighth week of lessons.
Please Note: Some levels are difficult and may take a skater more than 8 weeks to complete. Students must be pre-registered.
Click here to download the Group Lesson Application.
Days & Times
Tues. & Fri. 4 – 6 yrs old Only:
9:30 AM – Fall and Spring
1:00 PM – Fall and Spring
Saturdays – Group Session: All levels
11:30 AM thru 1:00 PM – Fall, Winter and Spring
The cost for the program is $175 for an eight week session. Additional immediate family members receive a $15 discount. Fees include a one-half hour lesson each week for 8 weeks with practice time before and/or after the class. No MAKE-UPS are allowed. Refunds will be given after the first class only. If classes are cancelled due to inclement weather, the session will be extended an additional week.
- All skaters must have their own single blade skates — skate rentals are not available.
- Beginners and Tots should wear helmets (Bike helmets are fine).
- All skaters should wear mittens or gloves, and dress in layers. For beginners and tots, waterproof pants are suggested.
- Please check skates for proper fit and sharpness. If necessary, our staff will be happy to help you check.
- Please arrive early and dress in the rink, not in lounge, lobby area or on the stairs. Heated locker rooms are available.
- Class rosters will be posted as you enter the rink. Find the time and the name of your teacher. Classes are held at one side of the rink—practice time on the other.
- Please do not leave your child(ren) unattended at the rink.
- For cancellations due to inclement weather, call (914) 232-3618.
- Immediate family members only may skate in the practice area for a small fee as space allows.
Full service pro shop is located on the premises. Expert skate fitting for purchasing new skates is available by appointment. Skate sharpening is also available.
Private lessons are available at the rink. Please call the office at (914) 232-3618 for more information.