The Harvey School Rink has been operating a group ice skating lesson program for over twenty five years. The Basic Skills Program for SPS 1 through Freeskate 4 is sanctioned by the United States Figure Skating (USFS). Classes are taught by qualified and nationally certified skating professionals.
Lessons are run for eight weeks except summers. Formal instruction will be 30 minutes. Students will have ample time to practice before or after their lesson. Skaters who have progressed to the next level will receive USFS badges on the eighth week of lessons. Please Note: Some levels are difficult and may take a skater more than 8 weeks to complete.
Students must be pre-registered. Please download the Group Lesson Application and forward to the rink for the next available session.
Days & Times
Fall, Winter, Spring
- Tues. & Fri. 4 – 6 yrs old Only:
- 9:30 AM – All seasons
- 1:00 PM Fall and Spring
- Saturdays – Group Session: All levels
- 11:30 AM thru 1:00 PM
- Wednesday – Group Session: All levels
- 6:00 PM thru 7:15 PM
- 5 weeks for $96
The cost for the program is $150 for an eight week session. This fee includes a one-half hour lesson each week for 8 weeks with practice time before and/or after the class. No MAKE UPS are allowed. Refunds will be given after the first class only. If classes are cancelled due to inclement weather, the session will be extended an additional week.
- All skaters must have their own single blade skates — skate rentals are not available.
- Tots should wear helmets (Bike helmets are fine).
- All skaters should wear mittens or gloves, and dress in layers. For beginners and tots, waterproof pants are advised.
- Please check your skates to make sure they fit properly, and that the blades are sharp. If you are not sure of the fit, any of our staff will help you if you check with us before the class
- Please arrive early and dress in the rink, not in lounge, lobby area or on the stairs. Heated locker rooms are available.
- Class rosters will be posted as you enter the rink. Find the time and the name of your teacher. Classes are held at one side of the rink—practice time at the other.
- Please do not leave your child(ren) unattended at the rink.
- For cancellations due to inclement weather, call 232-3618.
- Immediate family members only may skate in the practice area for a small fee as space allows.
Full service pro shop is located on the premises. Expert skate fitting for purchasing new skates is available by appointment. Skate sharpening is also available.
Private lessons are available at the rink. Please call the office at (914) 232-3618/8650 for more information.