We enter the final months of the 2012-13 school year with a limited number of openings in Grades 6, 7 and 9. We occasionally admit students for the final trimester of the year. Please contact the Admissions Office (914-232-3161 x138) immediately, if you are interested in this possibility.
Harvey operates on a rolling admissions policy and accepts applications throughout the year. The normal entry date is the beginning of the school year in September. When it is appropriate and numbers permit, students may enter in mid-year. Generally, this occurs at the beginning of the second trimester (following Thanksgiving break) or at the mid-year mark in late-January.
How to Apply
At Harvey, the admissions process is designed to provide each applicant and his or her family with the opportunity to get to know the school while the Admissions committee learns about the hopes, talents and goals of the applicant. For an applicant to be considered for admission to Harvey, the following steps are required:
- Application: a two-part form with sections for the student and the parent(s) to complete
- Interview: a family visit that includes student and parent interviews and a campus tour
- Transcript: an official school record sent to Harvey by the applicant’s current school
- School Recommendation: completed by the applicant’s principal, teacher or counselor
- Teacher Recommendations: one each from the applicant’s English and math teachers
To begin this process, you may call or email the office or you may submit an on-line inquiry. While standardized tests are not required for admission, the school requests that families have the applicant’s current school send any standardized testing or individual testing to the admissions office. We encourage interested families to call the Admissions Office at 914-232-3161 x138 to learn more about the School.